Gender and Technology Training Guidelines
SESSION 11 - Handout 2
QUESTIONS TO ASK PROJECTS ABOUT GENDER AND TECHNOLOGY
With the type of projects presented above, evaluators may want to consider more
specific issues as well as the more general questions. Suggestions for both are given
1. What are the main objectives of the programme or what is the main problem
that the programme is intending to address?
2. What are the main responsibilities of women and men in relation to a project?
3. What are the main changes to these roles and responsibilities envisaged by the
4. What are the main advantages (and disadvantages) to women and men of this
5. How have men and women been involved with the identification of needs and
design of the project?
6. How will women and men be involved in the work of the project?
7. How are women's and men's existing technical skills being included in or
strengthened by the project?
8. How (and with whom) have you tested any equipment being introduced by the
9. How have you ensured that any new equipment is appropriate to the lives of
Specific issues for each scenario
I. Will men and women have equal access to electricity?
II. How will the provision of electricity benefit the women in the village?
III. How will the provision of electricity benefit the men?